<span class="highlight">Satellite</span> <span class="highlight">TV</span> Feedback

Giday explore Oz folks. I wish to travel around and still access Austar chanels. I have all the gear & I setup in the backyard I get the channels but are unable to get channels when a long way from home. Does anyone have suggestions as to why I get signal but no channels when away from home area?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 21:05

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 21:05
Hi Neal
When you say you get "signal but no channels" what do you actually get ?
I assume you have a good meter, are aimed at the correct satellite and adjusting the dish angle and lnb skew to your new location and have a clear view of the sky just east of north !
I run a dish with a twin lnb and feed two boxes - Aurora and Austar and don't have trouble anywhere I have been.
Cheers
Neil
AnswerID: 450533

Follow Up By: Neal R - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 21:52

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 21:52
Yer Neil.. I get the dish set up & signal is as good as I have in the house >90 on the austar box after using meter to align the dish. Clear Line of sight.
Using single cable from LNB and when rebooting the box, it registers the signal but does not register any channels. It goes through reboot process & finds signal& sets up a few items then waits to register channels but nothing happens. Also I note the top left item is "Bouquets" which rates 6 when working on house dish and 0 on the portable dish. Any idea what that is? Everything else looks fine.
If you have any ideas I would appreciate it.
Was looking to use it when tripping around like yourself.

Thanks
Neal R
FollowupID: 723002

Follow Up By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 22:43

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 22:43
I am still thinking about it ................ !!
Is your box the std or the new IQ with twin tuners ?Are you using all the same equipment ?
Cheers
Neil
FollowupID: 723005

Follow Up By: Member - res.q.guy (Vic.) - Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 06:42

Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 06:42
I can only think that you are on the wrong satellite.
Are you sure you are on the correct satellite C1 and not D3 or D1 ??
Try looking either side for a stronger signal.
You can find a satellite location chart here.
Cheers
Neil
FollowupID: 723009

Reply By: lizard - Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 23:04

Wednesday, Apr 06, 2011 at 23:04
what message do you get ?
If it's no signal then you are on the wrong satellite
If it's scambelled signal the correct sat.
AnswerID: 450545

Reply By: Tjukayirla Roadhouse - Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:17

Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:17
sounds like the wrong sat.
When we set up our own Austar in a previous remote location, it took me a couple of days to line up the dish, no meter, just compass and co ords..
I had a similar issue, was getting a signal, but no picture, after talking to the techys, they reckoned it was the wrong sat, and only a few mm's can make the difference. I undid the bolts and the dish dropped just a couple of mm's and i picked up the right sat instantly.. it was that close.
AnswerID: 450564

Follow Up By: Tjukayirla Roadhouse - Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:18

Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 10:18
oh and don't forget the co ordinates will be different for different locations.
FollowupID: 723022

Follow Up By: Neal R - Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 23:32

Thursday, Apr 07, 2011 at 23:32
Thanks T Roadhouse
Will be away from home this weekend so will try again & see if I get different Sat,

Thanks also Res.q.guy . I'm not sure if I'm tuned in on C1 D1 or D3 or whatever? but will try again. I will post reply onMonday after visiting outside my local area.
Thanks Neal R
FollowupID: 723112

Sponsored Links